Thursday, February 3, 2011

day of action.


Photo credit: Dalhousie Gazette


Yesterday was probably one of the most exciting and awe-inspiring moments I will ever have had at university! I participated in student protest against the government who is looking to increase Nova Scotia university tuitions by 3% and also cut down on university funding by 4%! Even though this does not effect me because I am graduating in May, I did it for my friends who are still in school or who are continuing on with their educations. Plus, participating in a protest has always been something that I've wanted to do so now I can cross it off of my bucket list! It was honestly one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had and will always remember it as a pivotal moment in my youth - hope you all enjoy the pictures and get inspired to fight for something you believe in : )

GSM xx


My roommate Karie and I - grinning and bearing it through the storm !



 The protest began on campus ...


 And then we took over Spring Garden Road ...




Standing up for our rights outside of the NS Province House!

No comments: