Tuesday, May 24, 2011

one bag to rule them all.

 


So I want to begin by saying I sorry for being the worst blogger ever! I had to stop because I was extremely busy with my last semester of school! But I promise that I am back now and I have BIG NEWS : )

As a graduation present from my parents, I am backpacking Europe for the month of June with my best friend Vicki !! I leave this Sunday and I hope to update my blog as much as I can while I am there! As excited as I am the one thing that is stressing me out about this trip is that I have to fit all of my things in ONE BAG and not just one bag but a backpack in a carry-on size so that we don't lose our bags on any of the trains and planes that we will be taking! 


For all the girls reading this I am sure you can probably understand how much of a dilemma this is!! However, Vicki and I happened to find the most amazing bag in the entire world - the Tom Bihn Aeronaut! It holds everything we could possibly need and MORE. Trust me.

The Aeronaut holds approximately 45 Litres and most camping / outdoor backpacks that people use when travelling carry around 40 - 60 Litres, plus it meets all airline carry-on measurement requirements and so we never have to worry about our bags getting lost or left behind! Also, being only 5'1" this bag is the perfect size for my petite frame - even though I wish I could have the biggest backpack I know that I would get back problems from it weighing me down or over powering me!
Just look at all the things I managed to fit and still have plenty of room to bring things back:
12 tops
4 shorts
3 dresses
1 pair of jeans
1 athletic capris
2 jackets (1 denim, 1 raincoat)
lingerie bag (14 underwear, 3 socks, 2 bathing suits)
1 fedora hat
4 shoes (1 sandal, 1 flip flop, 1 sneaker, 1 wedge heel)
toiletry bag
sunglasses

Never before have I been so obsessed about a bag that wasn't designer! The Tom Bihn Aeronaut is without a doubt one of the best investments I have ever made and one of the best bags I own.






In these pictures I am also wearing what I would typically wear when travelling. Who says you can't look chic and still be comfortable?! I am wearing my favorite skinny jeans by J Brand, a loose jersey knit sweater from Aritzia with a necklace from Forever 21 and lastly my favorite summer wedges by Marc Jacobs !

PS. I apologize for the poor picture quality! I could not find my camera and I had to use my phone!!

GSM xx

1 comment:

Lindsay Kroetch said...

LOVE the pics and LOVE the bag! ps you look awesome!!!!